Monday, June 23, 2008

the typhoon named 'frank'

note: this was written last night

...

(listening to aishiteru by Mi)

the rain, as of now, has subsided quite a bit, but the damage to the garden outside is still in the same condition as it was this morning.

Last night, I must’ve woken up 5 times through out the night, in different intervals. At 4 in the morning, I was sick of waking up. I didn’t even know WHY I woke up, but I just did. Maybe it was because of the cold or because it was raining so hard I heard the pitter patter of the rain even through my dreams… if I had any. At 8, I was awake but I pushed myself to remain in bed until 9, an hour after. The only reason I got out of bed was because my mom knocked on my door to let her in.

The Indian mango tree beside our gate fell during the night, and now it’s hazardously lying across our driveway, stretching a wire (I think it was an extension of a light) to its limit. It’s sad because we wouldn’t be looking forward to fresh Indian mangoes anymore. It’s a big waste too, since it saves us from buying Indian mangoes by the kilo. Most of all, that particular tree held my interest once: it bore a heart-shaped mango that almost fell on me one day. It all happened when I felt down and depressed, thinking that life didn’t love me in the very least.

The rain fell steadily all day long, the wind closing the windowpanes for us. ‘Frank’, the typhoon that hit us, stayed all day. I didn’t even wash my hair today just because the water felt so cold and I forgot to heat up water. We ate arrozcaldo for lunch, a dish I haven[‘t eaten in a very long time, and went our own ways after that. My mom had an appointment at 3 and me and my bro just watched akazukin chacha for the whole afternoon.

As of now, we’re already at the 3rd disk (out of 4) and the story’s concentrationg (finally) on how in the world chacha, riya and shine-chan would defeat the evil lord and recover chacha’s parents. I was actually surprised to hear that chacha had 2 other weapons other than her beauty serene arrow :D she now has phoenix sword (piisuke!) and the bird shield… was it bird shield? Anyway, she’s set now but I still can’t see why there are more episodes.

In truth, I’ve never finished akazukin chacha. Maybe I did before, but I don’t remember anything now :D

Last night, tita jenny gave my bro an agouti-looking rabbit. At first, I said it’s name was ‘patches’, but my brother misunderstood everything and thought I said ‘peaches’. So now, we call the 2–month old rabbit ‘peaches’ but my bro spells it this way: peeches. Okay, he’s cute that way.

I like peaches a lot, since his fur is of the ‘strokable’ kind. He doesn’t like to be picked up and usually he’s frightened so that’s why I stroke his fur often, just so I can calm the creature. Soon enough, he closes his eyes and he’s fast asleep. I just pity him cause he still lives inside a carton box. We weren’t able to buy a cage for him today because of the storm, but I hope pa finds the time tomorrow. Peaches deserves better than a cramped carton box.

Say I’ve gone crazy but I read the news part of the newspaper cover to cover. It was supposed to be for the stomper game in world his. tomorrow, but since we don’t have classes tomorrow… damn. I even highlighted a lot of the words there!

What else? Yeah, I’ve been studying. It’s funny really. I’ve never expected this to happen to me, anything but this. I guess that’s what third year does to you: makes you all responsible in a weird way… and in a short time too! (must call mikee for our IP proposal tomorrow…)

I’m back to saving the world by recycling paper. I think I’ve lost my kit, but I have at least enough money to buy a new one. I’ve discovered a LOT of papers in one of my drawers and I couldn’t just throw it away. as the newspaper yesterday said, something ‘biodiversity’ thing was going to happen this year, and I decided to take part.

That’s all for today I guess.

-shing

No comments: