Monday, June 2, 2008

Picking up where I left off

Days seem colder and the hours just pass me by right now. Well, that’s what I think. It’s like I’m living a movie: everyday, I just repeat the same things every hour, every time. All without fail. Scratch the talk about changing myself: it’s not happening anytime soon. Well, at least I’m trying to start things again.

For example, writing forsaken. A few more days till school starts and I finally found my old manuscripts. Yes, people, I stopped re-writing it cause I LOST the only copy I had. Gomen, kate. I know I didn’t tell you that but I found it now :D I’ll be up and working in a while… and editing it bit by bit too. Can I say once more that my writing sucks? Ahahahaha. I even wonder why I’m writing for a name… I’ve been reading past works again (all unfinished and finished ones) and I try not to laugh at them because I wrote them… the irony they make me feel is unexplainable. *sigh*

Markus Zusak, author of ‘the book thief’ and ‘I am the messenger’, is now officially my favorite author. No questions. No doubts. He’s just simply amazing! Especially with the second book I mentioned: it ‘s all tied up nicely and just lol-material. I like how he made Ed Kennedy’s character: not an ounce of the super natural or special chosen shit. Just a plain 19 year old cab driver who’s got no future… well, until he gets those cards. Oh yeah… I just love the card idea! I’m actually reading it again. I’ll buy my own copy of the book thief another day… and a german dictionary to go with it.

Hmm… about books, I’ve finished reading my English book for this year. The title : echoes. It’s the thinnest textbook I’ve got! Seriously~ well, exclude the extra chemistry book I bought. The literary pieces in it are, to sum it all up, are those of famous works by great writers (to name a few: Shakespeare, Robert Frost, Edgar Allan Poe… still remember his poem ‘Annabel Lee’ people?). the only think I dislike about the book is it’s text layout. Other than that, content gets an A. but who the hell am I to rate textbooks anyway? Hahahahaha~

I found an old book I used to love when I was still a kid. ‘Shimmeree’ by Stephen Cosgrove. Yes, it’s an odd book for kids that you’d find inside the likes of stores like Book Sale, but it has a nice story to it, though second hand (when my mom bought it). Flip a few more pages and at the end is a short story I actually wrote when I was in kinder. The title : ‘the lovely red rose of the castle’. So fine, I didn’t start writing like a pro, okay? Reading it further (through the blue crayon scrawled all over my chicken scratches) I found myself laughing at typos (or did I just spell destroy as ‘thistroy’?) and grammatical errors everywhere. I’m not going to call it a disgrace though. It’s a memory :D so here I am, re writing it (word per word, wrong grammar per wrong grammar) just for laughs…



The lovely red rose of the castle

Once upon a time there was a big red lovely rose beside the castle
One day someone is gowing to thistroy it so the princes heard that her dear lovely plant will be destroy so the next morning she have a glass so that the plant will not be destroy it was a hard glass so she cover the plant so that the plant will not be destroy so the princes live with the plant and they live hapily ever after.

(insert hearts and stars of assorted sizes)

love Elisha
for everyone



not bad for a kindergarten kid right? Okay fine, laugh your asses at it but at least I can say I’ve improved a lot! Yeah!

Hmmm… might just effing revise it… hmmm… twist here, twist there… yeah. Definitely changing it but that title will remain :D

(dancing to the beat of groovin’ magic by round table)

well, another night to go then, waiting for something that’ll never come… cheers!

-shing

No comments: