Monday, May 5, 2008

thoughts on random

For a few nights now, I’ve been reading a book given to me by my cousin (thanks ate!) to pass the time. ‘Bagets’ is a compilation of short stories for young adults (an anthology, as it says on the cover) and I kind of realized that most of the stories written in English were about the prom. Yes, the prom. Now it had me thinking: what would I be when that time came?

First of all: the dress. It’s true that I’m not into the fashion-makeup-trend crap but I seriously love imagining styles of dresses. I can go from Victorian to modern and though they may REALLY come out as an amateur’s design, it doesn’t matter: I know my knowledge of it is yet too small to have a masterpiece-like output. So okay, for myself, I decided to go against the usual straight gowns… I remembered the time I had to wear one and seriously, my legs looked like it would burst the seams on the sides. Plus, walking in it with high heels had me limping and hopping most of the time. The solution? My dress would have to be a full petticoat-like dress. The style where in it’s full waist down. Plus it’ll hide the flabs, ne? >< (if I still had them by that time)

Next, the upper design: a halter. A tube top seems outdated and a spaghetti looks like common, so why not go for something people don’t usually do? And not JUST the simple halter-style where in it’s a string holding it altogether: I want it to be a PART of the dress itself. Like it’s a ruler’s width or something… or maybe more!

Actually, I sketched it last night (should be able to post it by now) and by my standards, it looks great. My mom just doesn’t agree with the ruffles on the halter itself… I should ask her for a reason.

(note: I got it that to hire someone to sew, it would cost you around 2000 for the plain gown and 5000 for the petticoat looking thing… damn… is this an early sign that I’ won’t be eating until it gets done?)

oh, and I’m not going for fashion designing… I’ve got no originality :P

Yesterday, I swear people hid my pants to make me wear shorts to the mall. I mean, hello!!! Where were my pants?!? Then they said they couldn’t find them and I had to go out in denim shorts. After 2 effing years, I had to do it again T_____T Did I say going out in shorts feels so degrading? Yes it does. It feels like I’m someone cheap. It feels like I’m out seducing eyes of millions of people to come and get me. I’m NOT like that. My dad defends that I’ve got the body, so why not show it? Here’s my anser: cause I don’t like showing. Sure, I’ll show my talents, I’ll show my stupidity in math but skin? I know it’s JUST shorts for some people but it’s not like they’ve got log-like legs and a weird dark patch (that’s built by the illusion of tiny scars) on the right knee… Let’s face it, I was built for pants. Nothing else.

Oh, but as much as I hate my legs, I absolutely love my feet. I’m not trying to sound vain and proud, but in every shoe, sandal, flats and high heels I come across, I find that they look good in it. It’s like I can wear any footwear I desire! >< hahahaha. The only thing I feel I can’t do is get a pedicure every month. (I’ve got no money :P) and buy every shoe I like (still no money).

Bokura Ga Ita… My god… I finally have it! HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA! I personally think it’s worth buying it even if it cost me 210… it was fucking 70 per CD ya know! I got it from Hobby Point (they have a lot of it I tell you) cause I got tired of waiting for 2rats to have some stock of it. Seriously… against 50 and 70, I couldn’t care anymore about the 20 difference. As long as I got it, I’m happy. :D So far, it’s amusing me to no end and even if the art’s on the simple side, the plot’s better than any sappy love anime I’ve ever watched. I mean, there are really anime shows that only focus on the love part but Bokura Ga Ita, so far, has the most uncorniest and unbitchiest plot I’ve ever seen. It’s so innocent ><

There. Update enough

-shing

No comments: